Tuesday 5 March 2019

Spring Blog February 2019


Technically it is not Spring!! But since it is 18 degrees here today I am calling it Spring……


We are busy working on our “Itinerary”, Yes we are planning  “THE MATOS FAMILY HOLIDAY”!!! finally, My little Grandson Charlie is making his first visit to “My” adored Mexico…….


MEXICO CITY

My daughter Joanne worked with me for 17 years! When I asked her where she wanted to stay she said CAMINO REAL.....This beautiful Iconic hotel featured so much in both our lives for many years.....to me it is one of the true treasures of Mexico.... Ignacio Perez  Cardenas, Director General  a good friend and constant support to me over the years........

CAMINO REAL AIRPORT…I am very fond of this hotel and cannot praise it highly enough. I will bring back with me more up to date information for our travellers.



Our wonderful Mauricio Owner of the Company FIRST CLASS TRANSPORTATION, will be taking Charlie to see the famous Pyramids of TEOTIHUACAN and the Floating Gardens of XOCHIMILCO...…


OAXACA

Where else to stay but the famed HOSTAL DE LA NORIA.....another great and true friend Mephi Padilla has taken incredible care of our clients over the years…..



VIAJES XOCHITLAN TOUR OPERATOR & DMC – ANDRES MARTINEZ has also taken care of our clients so well over the years and now he will be taking care of Joanne and Charlie



Then we will all be off to THE YUCATAN.... My home from home ...I love this State,  this is where I began my career ...all those years ago...

I still do not think people really realise how much there is to see and do ... The Mayans and their centuries of history are indeed part of this great country. Yes, there are thousands of miles of beach, however the hinterland abounds with fabulous opportunities to enjoy Archaeology, Historical Cities, Mayan culture (remember Mexican History is older than ours!)


RIVIERA MAYA

The natural route: We at Mexican Tours would always recommend traveling overland via archaeological sites to the coast  you can visit “hidden gems” plus of course all the major Mayan, Olmec and Toltec Sites.

For example CHICHEN ITZA…to stay at the actual Hotel Mayaland  and Lodge is a Magical experience. Finally relaxing at the beach...There are many Boutique and All Inclusive Hotels to choose

From. .The Matos Family have chosen to stay at the following:


KIN SOL SOLEIL

This gorgeous tiny Boutique property owned by Jose Luis and Sally (Originally of famed Maroma).

Nine SUITES all individually designed, Private Pool, glorious sea  and jungle views. The Beach is breath taking and feels very private.

Food.....Divine! Breakfast legendary!



GRAND VELAS… RIVIERA MAYA

Part of this Luxury Chain.

This property has lots of space and the tranquillity of  jungle and Mangroves.

A Family Hotel but with an Adults only section.

Children’s Club /Baby Sitting/ I love the Private Butler.

Rated Five Diamonds by the AAA



DREAMS TULUM

Part of the AM Resorts Brand....

The Beach is wild and wonderful to walk.

Hotel crammed with family facilities. A selection of Restaurants. All Great.



SECRETS AKUMAL....

I remember Akumal when it was a deserted paradise. True “Robinson Crusoe“

Now there sits this majestic property.....surrounded still by the “Akumal “ beaches complete with Turtles.

I have never stayed here before, so looking forward to being there and of course catching up with

“The Captain of the Ship” Daniel Mellado.   




COZUMEL

No visit would be complete without my lovely Island.....I have spent many, many hours here from the time my daughter was the

same age as our Charlie...I just have to take him also ....PLAY AZUL HOTEL..... one of my favourite places, such happy memories

filled with laughter, beautiful mornings, sunrises, sunsets, and turquoise sea...wonderful to snorkel or just float in the water and dream!!

This is a place for golfers as there is a super course on Cozumel.




I hope to show Charlie some Dolphins.....



INTERJET AIRLINES
I am a great fan of this Airline…we will be travelling internally with them.
www.interjet.com/en-us  



News from Mallorca.....

Have discovered a lovely little Bookshop....Universal....tucked away in Portals.....
So convenient since it is in front of our favourite Agency “TICKETS”              
All the girls in here are so helpful. Nothing too big or too small to handle.

Visit to my great Dentist......SANITAS....JUAN MAS

Another Juan... this time JUAN GARCIAS BATLE
Not only an eminent Traumatologist  but a Sculptor....
www.garciasbatle.com       
Known as “The Wood Doctor”
Exquisite pieces. 
So worth a visit.


PETRA RAU

Aesthetic Medicine

A wonderful visit to this talented lady




ESTRELLA FERNANDEZ

A BEAUTY SURGEON

Carrer d’Arago 44.4b

PALMA

34871968652



CLINICA MEDISANS

Illa de Malta

Cuitat jardi

Palma de Mallorca

The genius of Marta Serna

Director…..

NEWS FROM LONDON...

The greatest Physiotherapist I know...”Lizzie” has performed miracles on my foot....What would I do without her.
A true genius and also  a great person!
Elizabeth Buchanan DP.GDMT. SRP. MCSP.
Harley street Physiotherapy
harleystreetphysiotherapy.co.uk
Tel: 020 7224 4588   

THE IVY KENSINGTON  BRASSERIE
One of our favourite restaurants
Brings the familiar famous Ivy to Kensington.
Relaxed but sophisticated
Wonderful Artan Manager.
www.theivykensingtonbrasserie.com


Into  the country..

MOTE END FARM and LIVERY..
How I miss my horse Ricardo....If I could bring him back I would stable him here!!
250 acres ...to ride ....only half an hour from the centre of London.
Excellent.
Fascinating website...... www.moteendfarm.co.uk   


Please come to know “Our” Mexico, I will be back after our trip loaded with goodies and information plus my new passion Jose Cuervo Especial Turin Tequila Chocolates!   



Hasta Pronto…






MY PRIVATE MEXICo

By






No comments:

Post a Comment