Friday 22 November 2019


CATHY MATOS SAYS…

Autumn Blog…October 2019



I begin with a fabulous lunch and I mean truly fabulous at The Santo Remedio Cocina Mexicana,

152 Tooley St, SE1 2TU, T: +44(0) 20 7403 3021 E: contact@santoremedio.co.uk W: www.santoremedio.co.uk

I was invited by Lupita Ayala, the ex Mexican Tourist Office sub director. Lupita is now the Regional Sales Manager for Europe for the Gran Velas hotel chain. This super beyond luxury brand is in my opinion one of the best all inclusive products in all of Mexico – www.grandvelas.com

People ask me all the time “where is the best Mexican restaurant in London” there are many now but the delightful, cosy, intimate very Mexican Santo Remedio ticks all the boxes for me.



Royal Automobile Club 
We arranged a super surprise birthday party for Dale Viberg (previously lived in Mexico City). The event turned out to be “out of this World” handled brilliantly by Hardie Bates (Events Manager) and chef Matthew Marshall. 
89 Pall Mall, London, SW1Y 5HT. Tel:2020 7930 2345. www.royalautomobileclub.co.uk


Eurostar  www.eurostar.com 
We took off the four of us for two glorious days in Paris. I simply adore Eurostar. I would actually like a big badge that says, “I love this train”. Our hotel of choice was 
Best Western Anjou Lafayette Opera 
4 rue Riboutte, 9th Arr., Paris 75009 T: +33 1 42 46 83 44 W: www.hotelanjoulafayette.com
A fabulous 3 star hotel, I would go back again and again!      

Charles de Gaulle We flew from here to Mallorca, what a joy, security simple and no passports!

NEWS FROM MEXICO……

MERIDA…

Recently voted one of the World’s top 10 cities by Conde Naste. This year the travel fair “TIANGUIS” will take place in March 2020 (22nd – 25th). For those of you in the travel industry reading this blog please come and join us…  meridaelite.com/en/blog/tianguis-turistico-merida

I would like to make mention of Saul Ancona who has been incredibly helpful to me.

Tianguis for years has been held in Acapulco, I am enormous fan of this true traditional resort.

Ritz Hotel, Acapulco
www.ritzacapulco.com
My dear friend Reyna Luna has been in touch.  

CUERNAVACA
Have had contact with my good friend Juan Fenton who owns the exquisite Hacienda San Gabriel de Las Palmas
www.haciendasangabriel.com
This hotel is situated very close to the main highway to Acapulco (3 hours).   

MONTY DON GARDENER
This was a wonderful recent TV program on the beautiful gardening areas of Mexico and made mention of the Monarch Butterflies.

PUEBLA
Another favourite place of mine situated just a 3-4 hour drive from Mexico City. I recently placed clients in the beautiful Hotel Meson Sacristia
www.mesones-sacristia.com

PUERTO VALLARTA
This review I received back from a Client... It does not get much better than this..
“We stayed at Riu Palace Pacifico (family of 2 adults + 2 kids). The hotel is out of this world! It’s located on a beautiful stretch of sand. All the staff are very friendly and go out of their way to make your stay perfect. Especially the staff in restaurants and bartenders are amazing – special shout out to the pasta chef that made my gluten free pasta for me on a few occasions, unfortunately I don’t know his name, but that was the best pasta I ever had. You have a choice of a buffet and 4 a la carte restaurants every night - especially the Guacamole serving authentic Mexican dishes is worth a visit. At the pool, you not only have a swim up bar but also waiters going round the pool bringing you drinks. We met people from all round the world that come back to this hotel every year and no wonder why, it’s an absolute gem!”
Riu Palace Pacifico
www.riu.com/en/hotel/mexico/vallarta-riviera-nayarit/hotel-riu-palace-pacifico

TUI
The new flight to Los Cabos is about to take off!!! I can’t wait for it to happen, it’s going to be such a great success!

MAR DEL CABO 
A precious true boutique hotel nestled amongst the giant all-inclusive hotels of the Los Cabos beaches. Destined to be a great favourite with me! Part of the Gran Velas chain.
Carretera Transpeninsular Km. 18, San José del Cabo, Corredor Turístico, Municipio de Los Cabos, Cabo San Lucas, C.P. 23405, Baja California Sur.T: MEX: 800 831 2990 W: https://mardelcabo.com E: reservations@mardelcabo.com

NEWS FROM CUBA…
I have decided to include Cuba in my new portfolio “My Private Mexico”. I have linked up again with the fabulous Toby Brocklehurst. His company In Cloud 9 is in my opinion the best window to Cuba you could possibly find. Toby works in the same way that I did for 35 years in caring so exclusively for the individual client. I will be sending out a separate introduction to his company and services directly after World Travel Market. Meanwhile here are their details:
www.incloud9.com E: info@incloud9.com T: Tanja Havana +5353255239 and whatsapp
Office +5378330510

NEWS FROM MALLORCA…
As always my visits to “My” Island are filled with friends, restaurants, dentists and beauty treatments…..

I must give extra special words to Jaime & Mati at ES PORTENO Puerto Andratx, T: 628 26 90 17… great food, great value and great friends.

Millor Restaurant in Palma. Calle Espartero 24, 07014, Palma de Mallorca T: 971 456 961 The chef here who is Spanish speaks English better than me!

Antic Celler Son Toreo. Placa Fossar No 3 – 07510 Sineu M: 692 734 199 – 659 477 355

My thanks to…

Pilar – Beautician situated in Sa Pabla - www.clinicaramistauler.com

Juan – Dentist at Bupa in Palma

My Two great OPTOMETRISTS…MATEO PONS and JUAN SANCHEZ These two marvelous doctors, each a genius.

Both these eminent surgeons are based at IBO Instituto Balaer de Oftalmologia.

Jumbo Tours Group Many thanks for the sales call

NEWS FROM LONDON……

BELMOND HOTELS
www.belmond.com
KATE DICKS (Director of Global Leisure Sales).  Kate and this organization do such a good job here in keeping us all up to date with Belmond properties.  Link

AEROMEXICO
www.aeromexico.com
NIEVES RODRIGUEZ (Country Manager UK & Ireland)Nieves is GREAT! At keeping us in the loop with new flights/fares etc..

GRAN VELAS
www.grandvelas.com
LUPITA AYALA (Regional Sales Manager) Constant, offers/News etc on all Velas products

GREAT WESTERN RAILWAYS
Lots of good journeys up and down to Devon with the wonderful  Dining Car

FLYBE 
Travelled on the last service Palma/Exeter my favourite route to Mallorca. So sad it is not operating anymore.

GALLERY 105 
105 Victoria Street, St Albans, AL1 3TJ
T: 01721 833 557 E: jean@gallery105.co.uk
Attended wonderful art evening here at Gallery 105 on Elvis Presley... Dinner afterwards at the perfect little Italian Restaurant La Cosa Nostra in St. Albans.
62 Lattimore Road, St Albans, AL1 3XR T: 01727 932 658 E: lacosanostraltd@gmail.com www.lacosanistraltd.co.uk

FOREIGN AIRINES ASSOCIATION
Monthly luncheon. This time at a Vegan restaurant called The Gate…superb food!
www.thegaterestaurants.com 

WINDMILL PUB
This great old pub in Mill Street (Off Conduit Street) only serves Pies and Puddings…Its just sensational! Ask for the lovely Lisa.!!  
6-8 Mill Street, Mayfair, London, W1S 2AZ T: 0207 491 8050 www.windmillmayfair.co.uk  
 
THE RISING SUN
137 Marsh Lane, Mill Hill, London NW7 4EY
T: 020 8959 1357 www.therisingsunmillhill.com
My local pub has begun their Christmas party menu…do pop in! 

My thanks to… 
Mr NARESH JOSHI (Consultant)
Wendy.Addison@Cromwellhospital.com 2 Pennant Mews, London, W8 5JN


Dr Harpreet Wasan
This eminent man is treating my husband and doing an excellent job.
fundraise.pancreaticcancer.org.uk 

Mr Sam Gidwani (Hand Surgeon)
Thank you for all your wonderful help.

World Travel Market begins next week at Excel London, I hope to see you all there!

Remember I am now Cathy Matos of MY PRIVATE MEXICO. A new journey for me!

Cathy Matos

No comments:

Post a Comment